Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Going "down-the-shore" :-)

Anyone who has grown up in New Jersey knows the phrase "down-the-shore". It means the beaches in NJ from Sandy Hook to Cape May...depending on where you land your blanket in the sun. For me, "down-the-shore" is the Long Branch - Asbury Park area which is where I spent my teenage and young adult years.

Tonight I will take the train to see my friends Diane & Pat (below L-R: Diane, Pat, me):



We worked together many (MANY!!!) years ago and still get together several times each year. The best part of that is the time just melts away and it's like we've seen each other yesterday. I'm psyched...got my knitting all packed and will leave on the train after dinner tonight.

Wednesday will be "girls day" on the beach (pray for nice weather) and then dinner. After that, I will go to my StepDad's and help him prepare for the weekend...we are having a party for his 85th birthday at a local restaurant and we need to straighten up before folks come back to the house after the party. Peter will drive down on Friday and then the party is Sunday...30 people!!! Oi Vay...

Will post more after the weekend...hugs to anyone who reads this :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

Hi girlfriend,
I look at that picture and remember such a great night we had.
I need to start writing more in my blog, but i am so unmotivated to knit. (bah humbug)
Well....its almost noon, and i get to see you about 3:00.
ta ta
Big Hugs, Pat

6/20/2007 11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post.

11/11/2008 8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home